Written by CAFOD volunteer, Sacha Wynne
How many things that you LOVE are affected by climate change every year?
On February 14th 2018, Show the Love urges schools, churches, communities and YOU to start a conversation about climate change and how the things you love are affected by it.
With a shocking two out of three people never having had a conversation about climate change, we need to Show the Love now more than ever!
So! Do you have a passion for fashion? Are you taken with baking?
Here are some top tips for how to spark up conversation with people about something we should all regularly share our love for, the earth!
Wear your green heart with confidence!
One super easy way of supporting this campaign is by ordering some green heart stickers to wear. Use these stickers as a convenient talking point for those interested in what they
Create with your mates!
- Why not take things a notch further and create your own green hearts to pin! These will be instant eyebrow raisers and will grab everyone’s attention so that conversations about climate change start with intrigue!
- Sewing not your thing? How about latch embroidery? This creative little rag rug heart will be an instant head turner, perfect to clip to reusable shopping bags or to give as a gift!
- Green fingers more your style? Give this seeded heart a go with our easy step by step plan. No soil or mess involved, just paper, a blender and seeds for your main needs!
Cook and bake till you flake!
- Let’s face it, food is where it’s at when it comes to getting people interested in something new. If you’re more at home with cooking try your hand at this amazing heart shaped pizza! Bellissimo!
- Feel like you’ve got it in the bag when it comes to baking? Then why not try your hand at our delicious macarons recipe!? (Love heart shaped of course!)
And that’s all you need to be a Show the Love campaigner! Simple as that! For more information on Show the Love or to look up tips for conversations visit the CAFOD website!